A new realisation?
Coming out of a lock down situation where life’s slowly going back to normal, you might be excited initially because you’re getting your freedom back. But then you think, hang on, I’m not sure I WANT to go back to my old life. I want something else, something that inspires me more and makes me happier. Not an uncommon thought……
What should I do?
If you’ve lived a different life for some time, it’s natural to feel a bit hesitant to be returning back to ‘normal’, but if your feeling is more than this and one of real resistance, examine this. Sometimes hitting a reset button is exactly what you need in order to look at your life in a different way. Here’s 5 things to ask yourself:
- Did any of your old life not feel so good? If so, list these out, so you can really see them, then let them go.
- What aspects of your old life made you happy i.e. which bits do you want to keep?
- What have you learnt over the last year about aspects of your environment that could make you happier?
- What did you learn over the last year about the kinds of people you’d like to spend more time with, or new connections you’d like to make?
- Did you feel you were living on purpose ? If not, consider keeping a journal and at the end of each day, noting the things which made you feel alive that day, any ideas of things that inspired you and perhaps books/ blogs/ films you want to learn more about…….The world is a big place and there’s a lot out there to help you discover this. Alternatively, you know where I am!
Good luck on your journey and remember, whatever you do, GET YOUR SHIFT HAPPENING!